Foxhall Resort – Douglasville
Jackpot! Hands down, for the luxury minded bride, Foxhall is the answer to a girl’s prayer. Foxhall Resort is a little bit of wedding paradise nestled along Hwy 5 and 166 in Douglasville. At first look, the manicured lawn, multiple paddocks, and rustic charm seem to be out of a Harlequin romance. Foxhall has a sense of majesty and grandeur. You could drop Churchill Downs, home of the Kentucky Derby, on the campus and it would fit in like a glove.
Currently, Foxhall does about 150 weddings a year. Brides come from all over to marry there. The busiest times of the year for weddings are spring and fall. Most of their brides choose May, October and November to marry. Savannah, a member of the stellar wedding team there, notes that it is best to book at least 6 months in advance.
Foxhall sits on over 1100 acres and has two wedding ceremony and reception venues; the Stables and the Legacy. Both can accommodate both indoor and outdoor ceremonies. The Staples is a low rise structure that is the newer facility and has modern light décor. There are two large ballrooms that can be rented together or separately. Combined, they can hold up to 300. Separately, they can accommodate 200 or 225. The outside section is set amidst a paddock and the happy couple weds under a lofty arbor-like structure. The outside area can seat up to 130. The Legacy is a cavernous single room building with huge floor to ceiling windows and a breathtaking view of the grounds. The outside section can seat up to 1,000 guests. Although it is one room, its sheer size of 4,600 square feet allows for ease of movement. The outside increases the space to 8,500 sq ft. Price for ceremony and reception are between $7,000-$9,000 to start with. 50% deposit is due at contract signing and balance is due 6 months before date.
- Golf carts, 13 passenger vehicle are available for intra-property transfers; add’l fees apply
- Quail hunting , clay shooting, fishing and/or ATV packages are avabilable
- Easy access in and out.
- Well marked signage and roads
- Handicapped accessible
- Max of 1 wedding a day in each site
- End time is 5 hours from start of ceremony
- No restrictions on photography
- Both sites have full catering kitchens
- The relatively new Paddock restaurant can be rented separately.
- Accommodations on campus for guests among 3 types of lodging
- Amazing landscape
Less than highlights
- Have to use at least one preferred vendor partner
- If canceled, no refunds.
- Draping or large scale installations, must use their vendor
- Have to use their beverage package per person